When it comes to Indian breakfast, the choices are aplenty, but to celebrate in a nice way requires something special. Kachori has been one of these special dishes. You might have tried different ones from the market mostly filled with aaloo or pyaaz, what if we fill something special in these kachoris too? That’s why I made these Mava Kachori. Coming straight from Rajasthan, these are absolutely perfect for your special breakfast and do wonders to your table spread. It’s hard to keep away from these delicious kachoris filled with khoya and dry fruits. So here is Mava Kachori Recipe for you. Enjoy the festivities.
Ingredients needed to make Mava Kachori(makes 6 to 8 kachoris)
For the dough
- Maida – 1 cup
- Desi ghee – 2 tbsp
For the filling
- Khoya – 100 gms
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Dry fruits – 2 tbsp (I used almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios) (chopped)
For the sugar coating
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Desi ghee for frying
How to make Mava Kachori
Preparation time: 20 min.
Making time: 40 min.
- Powder 1/2 cup sugar and keep aside.
- Mix maida and desi ghee with a little water and knead into a soft dough and keep aside.
- Heat and fry khoya in a kadhai until it is slightly brown.
- Let it cool and then add powdered sugar, cardamom powder and dry fruits. Keep the filling aside.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar with 1/2 cup water and cardamom powder and mix to get single string consistency. Keep aside.
- Divide the dough in 6 to 8 balls.
- Roll the balls into 2 to 3 inch disc, place 1 tbsp filling, close all ends and again roll into 4 to 5 inch disc.
- Heat desi ghee in a kadhai and fry the rolls on low heat until golden brown from both sides.
- Let it cool and then dip in sugar syrup.
- Dry & serve.
150 total views, 5 views today