India have had the advantage over Sri Lanka over the last few years, but in multi-team tournaments the Sri Lankans have proven to be the better team. In matches contested in the Asia Cup overall, Sri Lanka are only slightly ahead of India.
India and Sri Lanka have played 29 ODIs against each other over the last two-and-a-half years, but the clash on Thursday will have more significance than most of those matches, for they will be playing for the Asia Cup. India haven't won the tournament since 1994-95, while Sri Lanka triumphed in 2004 and in 2008. The home also team won the last group match on Tuesday, but India have dominated Sri Lanka recently, holding a 16-11 advantage since 2008, and an 8-5 edge in matches played in Sri Lanka during this period. The numbers were more even between 2000 and 2007, with Sri Lanka winning 14 and losing 15.
|India v Sri Lanka in ODIs over the years||Matches played||India won||Sri Lanka won|
India Vs Sri Lanka - One Day International Matches History
1. Total Matches Played - 128
2. Matches won by India - 67
3. Matches won by Sri Lanka - 50
4. Matches end in No Result - 11
5. First One Day match between India Vs Sri Lanka: June 16-18, 1979, Manchester. Sri Lanka won this match by 47 runs.
6. Last match between India Vs Sri Lanka: Tri series Final on August 28th, 2010 at Rangiri Dambulla
International Stadium, Dambulla. Sri Lanka won the match by 74 runs.
Overall Test Records (Since 1982)
|9.||1998/99||Asian Test Championship||1||-||-||1|
Probable Teams for World Cup Final 2011 : India Vs Sri Lanka
1. Indian Team: Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar, Gautam Gambhir, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain / Wicket Keeper), Suresh Raina / Yousuf Pathan, Aswin Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Harbhan Singh and Munaf Patel.
2. Sri Lanka team: K Sangakkara, L Malinga, R Herath, A Mathews, A Mendis, M Muralitharan, T Dilshan, C Silva, T Samaraweera, U Tharanga, M Jayawardene.
Match Timing And Venue
The match will be played on 2nd April, 2011 and it is going to start at 14:30 p.m. IST. It is going to be a day night match. Cricket lovers in Sri Lanka can view the match from 5 a.m. local time. The venue of India vs Sri Lanka World Cup 2011 match is : Wankhede Stadium Mumbai.
You can get tickets from the Wankhede Stadium at various gates. Tickets can also be purchased online.
Umpires For 2011 World Cup
Taufel And Dar Named As Umpires For World Cup Final Simon Taufel and Aleem Dar have been chosen to umpire Saturday's ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 final between India and Sri Lanka. Australian Taufel, one of the game's most respected officials, is afforded his chance to officiate in the game's showpiece event following Australia's failure to qualify for the first time since 1992.
Similarly, Pakistan's exit at the semi-final stage gives Dar the chance to take charge while Englishman Ian Gould will take up third umpire duties with Australia's Steve Davis nominated as fourth umpire.
Last Updated on 01 April 2011