Sardar Patel Stadium Ahmedabad is located in Motera of the city. It is also called Motera stadium. Built in 19825, this stadium is one of the important international cricket stadiums in the country. The stadium is owned and governed by Gujarat Cricket Association. As a part of the West Zone cricket of India, this stadium has hosted a number of important cricket matches at the international level. Sardar Patel Stadium Ahmedabad has hosted 19 International cricket matches. The stadium only lags behind Eden Garden Stadium Kolkata, which has hosted 22 matches so far.
It can accommodate 54000 people during a match. The stadium is fully equipped with all the modern facilities such as wi-fi, floodlights and many more. In addition to these, keeping the security concerns in mind, the stadium authority has built a trench around the field. Apart from first call and international cricket matches, this stadium also hosts a number of functions and events, hosted by the Government of Gujarat.
It was once said about the pitch of Sardar Patel Stadium Ahmedabad that it favored the bowlers. However, the current pitch curator has made the pitch in favor for the competitive matches.
|Click to View Sardar Patel Stadium Location Map|
Stands of Sardar Patel Stadium Ahmedabad
There are six stands in this ground. They are as follows:
- Club Pavilion: For members
- Adani Lower Pavilion: For players (dressing room), corporate boxes, and reserved seating arrangements for public
- GMDC Upper Stand: For public seating
- GMDC Lower Stand: For public seating
- Adani Upper Pavilion: For public seating
- East Upper and Lower Pavilion: For public seating
- West Pavilion: For public seating
Records at Sardar Patel Stadium Ahmedabad
The stadium saw many world-class innings by the great cricketers around the world. Some of the best innings are mentioned below:
- Sunil Gavaskar hit his 10000 runs in test cricket against Pakistan in 1986-87.
- Kapil Dev took his 432th wicket in Test Cricket and broke Sir Richard Hadlee's record in 1993.
- Sachin Tendulkar hit his first double hundred in test cricket against New Zealand in 1999.
- Sachin Tendulkar scored his 30,000 runs on this ground in 2009.
- In 1996 Cricket World Cup, the first match was played on this stadium.
Sardar Patel Stadium Ahmedabad 2011 Cricket World Cup
Three matches will be played on this ground. The details are given below:
- 21 February, Time- 14.30, Match between Australia Vs Zimbabwe
- 4 March, Time- 9.30, Match between New Zealand Vs Zimbabwe
- 26 March, Time- 14.30, Match between Group A3 Vs Group B1
Get the Direction to Sardar Patel Stadium
|Directions to be Taken||Map|
Last Updated on 01 April 2011