Australia vs Pakistan World Cup 2011 is going to be an exciting game of cricket, which you should not miss at any cost. Australia is already two games up with wins against Zimbabwe and New Zealand. The game will be taking place on Sunday, March 19, 2011. This is a Group A encounter and the 40th match of the tournament. The venue of the game has been fixed at R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, Sri Lanka. In Australia, the game will be broadcasted by Fox Sports and Nine Network and in Pakistan, game lovers can see the match on GEO Super and Pakistan Television Network (PTN).
Match Timing and Venue
The match will be played on March 19, 2011 at 14:30 p.m. IST. The game will be a day night match. Cricket lovers in Pakistan can get the excitement from 2 p.m. local time. Aussies can enjoy the match from 8 p.m. local time (ACT – Canberra). The venue for Australia vs Pakistan World Cup 2011 match is R. Premadasa Stadium in Colombo, the capital of Sri Lanka.
Channels broadcasting Australia vs Pakistan World Cup 2011
Other than Fox Sports, Nine Network, PTV and Geo Super, the match can be viewed on the following channels:
- Bangladesh: Bangladesh Television
- Afghanistan: Ariana Television Network: Lemar TV
- Canada: Asian Television Network (ATN)
- Singapore: Star Cricket
- Europe (apart from United Kingdom and Ireland): Eurosport
- Middle East (Including Qatar, Dubai, Saudi Arabia and all): Arab Radio and Television Network
- India: ESPNStar Network (ESPN, Star Sports, and Star Cricket)
- Africa: Supersport and SABC
- Pacific Islands: Sky Pacific
- South Africa: SABC and Supersport
- West Indies: Caribbean Media Corporation
- China: ESPN Star Sports
- Fiji: Fiji TV
- Jamaica: Television Jamaica
- South Asia (Nepal, Maldives, Bhutan): ESPNStar Cricket
- USA: DirecTV, Willow Cricket, and Dish Network
About R. Premadasa Stadium
R. Premadasa Stadium is also named as Ranasinghe Premadasa Stadium or just Premadasa Stadium. It is a famous arena located on Khettarama Road, Maligawatta, in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The ground was, before June 1994, named as the Khettarama Cricket Ground and is presently one of the principal spots where the national team of Sri Lanka plays.
Facts and figures about R. Premadasa Stadium
Given below are some facts and figures about this famous ground:
- The highest test score at this ground is 952/6 declared by Sri Lanka vs India in 1997.
- Sanath Jayasuriya made 340 versus India in 1997. This is still the highest individual score at the ground.
- The lowest test score is 86 by Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka in 2005.
- The most prolific bowling performance in an innings is 6/18 by Muttiah Muralitharan versus Bangladesh in 2005/06.
- The 36 wickets taken by Muttiah Muralitharan is still the maximum number of wickets at the arena. 9/60 by Muttiah Muralitharan is still the best bowling performance in a game.
- Sanath Jayasuriya has made 2,514 runs here and it is the maximum by an individual cricketer at this stadium. Aravinda de Silva, Marvan Atapattu, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, and Sachin Tendulkar has made above 1,000 runs.
- The highest ODI score is 363/5 by India versus Sri Lanka on February 03, 2009.
- The top individual score at the ground is 150 by Gautam Gambhir versus Sri Lanka in 2008-2009. With 69 wickets to his name, Muttiah Muralitharan has taken the maximum number of wickets at this venue.
How to Reach Premadasa Stadium
If you wish to be part of the excitement, then you need to know how to reach the ground. If you are a Lankan citizen, then you can either board a bus or take a taxi to arrive here. Nevertheless, foreigners initially have to come to Sri Lanka either by Sri Lanka Railways or via air. Once you have come to Lanka, reaching Premadasa is easy. You can schedule your stay near the arena in order to ensure that you don’t need be concerned regarding how to reach there at the time of the match. Some of the hotels that are situated near Premadasa include - Hotel Hilton Colombo Residence, Hotel Holiday Inn, Hotel trans Asia, Hotel Cinnamon Lake Side Hotel, and Hotel Grand Oriental.
Imagine if you schedule your stay near the railway station or airport, at all times you can rent a taxi and reach the spot. Local residents have a better idea so they constantly make use of other means of public transport.
Ricky Ponting (captain), Doug Bollinger, Michael Clarke, Brad Haddin, Callum Ferguson, David Hussey, John Hastings, Mitchell Johnson, Jason Krejza, Tim Paine, Brett Lee, Shaun Tait, Steve Smith, Cameron White and Shane Watson.
Shahid Afridi (captain), Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Kamran Akmal, Asad Shafiq, Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Umar Akmal, Saeed Ajmal, Abdur Rehman, Umar Gul, Shoaib Akhtar, Junaid Khan and Wahab Riaz.
Past Performance of the Teams
Australia is famous for their awe-inspiring record. They are the four time world cup winners – 1987, 1999, 2003, and 2007. They also reached the final six times, which is also an unbroken record.
Pakistan won the cup in 1992 under the captaincy of Imran Khan. They reached the semifinals in 1979, 1983, and 1987. They lost the final to the Aussies in 1999.
Strength of Australia and Pakistan
Pakistan has to tackle the pace battery of the favorites if they really want to win the match. The Aussie pace trio of Mitchell Johnson, Brett Lee, and Shaun Tait will pose serious trouble to them. On the other hand, Pakistan will have to depend on experienced players like Shahid Afridi, Younis Khan, and Abdul Razzaq for putting up a good performance. The batting lineup of the Aussies comprising Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Haddin and Watson is the best in the tournament. They can also feel proud about their fielding side. The victory against Lankans will surely give the Pakis some boost.
Our best wishes to Pakistan and Australia to play well in the upcoming world cup match.
purchase them online.
Watch out this space for the latest score. Enjoy the game!
Last Updated on 01 April 2011