M chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore is one of the new International Cricket stadiums in India. The stadium was built in 1969. Owned and operated by Karnataka State Cricket Association, this stadium can accommodate approximately 50000 spectators during a match. This ground was earlier known as Karnataka State Cricket Association.
There are two stands in this stadium: Pavilion End and BEML End. The present curator of this field is Narayan Raju.
Records at M chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore
International Test Match Records
- Highest individual score- Younis Khan (267) in a match between Pakistan and India, in 2005
- Highest innings total- India 626/10 in a match between India and Pakistan, 3rd Test in Bangalore, in 2007
- Best innings bowling- Maninder Singh (7-27), in a match between India and Pakistan, in 1987
|Click to View chinnaswamy Stadium Location Map|
One Day International Records
- Best all-rounder performance: Javagal Srinath (123 not out and 10 wickets)
- Highest team total- Australia vs India (347-2) in 2003
- Highest Run Chase- India chased 321 against New Zealand (321-5) in 2010
World Cup at M chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore
M chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore hosted a number of matches in 1987 and 1996 cricket world cup. In 1987, one group match was hosted in this stadium while in 1996 five world cup matches were played on this ground.
2011 World Cup at M chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore
Four matches will be played on M chinnaswamy Stadium Bangalore during the forthcoming 2011 Cricket World Cup. The match details are given below:
- 13 March, Time - 14.30, Match between Australia Vs Kenya
- 16 March, Time - 14.30, Match between Australia Vs Canada
- 2 March, Time - 14.30, Match between England Vs Ireland
- 6 March, Time - 14.30, Match between India Vs Ireland
Get the Direction to M chinnaswamy Stadium
|Directions to be Taken||Map|
Last Updated on 01 April 2011