I got really impressed reading about avocado fruit. It is very rich in potassium and folic acid and give a good daily dosage of vitamins like B6, C, K and E, they are also known to have a lot of fiber content. Regular usage of this fruit helps in increasing the good cholesterol while reducing the bad one and also control diabetes. In India, avocado’s are also known as butter fruit and used in milkshakes and ice cream, specially in southern states of Kerala, Karnataka and others. I love to put the fruit in my sandwich, however this time I used it to make Avocado Chutney. This chutney is low in calories and goes well with any meal, it also gives a strong nutritional content to the whole meal. As is with most chutney’s, this one is also easy to make and can be done within a few minutes. Let’s see this simple Avocado Chutney Recipe.
Ingredients needed for Avocado Chutney (serves 3 to 4)
- Avocado – 1 large
- Onion – 1/2 cup
- Tomato – 1/2 cup
- Green coriander – 1/2 cup
- Green chilies – 2 to 3
- Lemon juice – 2 lemons
- Salt to taste
How to make Avocado Chutney
Preparation time: 10 min.
Making time: 5 min.
- Put a line vertically in the avocado and split it in two halves.
- Take out the seed and with the help of a spoon scoop out all the pulp.
- Add the pulp with onion, tomato, green coriander, chilies and salt and blend in a blender for about a min.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve fresh or refrigerate in an air tight container.
Use any leftover chutney to fill in your sandwich the next day.
1,865 total views, 18 views today