It has always been accentuated that the lives of the early risers is much more healthier than the life of a person who gets up later in the day. But is waking up early in the morning the only factor which contributes to a healthy living? Not really! A healthful kick-start to your day begins with the first bite or sip you take. Starting your day with a glass of lemon water, preferably warm, can have an impressive impact on your overall health. Wondering, how a glass of this water works like a magic potion on your body? Let’s look at some amazing benefits of the lemon water which help you to stay fit and healthy all through the day.
Lemon Water Benefits: Weight Loss
Have you been working out to shed those extra pounds recently? It all depends on how you begin your day. Mornings are the best time to indulge in activities for losing weight. Replacing your morning tea or coffee with a warm lemon water is an ideal suggestion if you are looking to shed some extra pounds. This magical fat burning drink is a real bliss for chubby people and it should be taken on an empty stomach early in the morning. It increases the metabolism rate in the body and helps you burn calories. Drinking this wondrous water will make your waistline say thank you.
Lemon Water Benefits: Skin
1. Reduces aging symptoms: Lemon water works like magic when it comes to treating aging symptoms. The vitamin C present in the lemons helps in smoothing out wrinkles, blemishes, and fine lines from the skin.
2. Removes acne scars and blemishes: Drinking lemon water empty stomach in the morning helps in lightening the acne scars and blemishes. Its astringent properties and the antioxidants in this drink repairs the damaged skin and keeps it clear and healthy.
3. Detoxifies facial skin: The vitamin C of lemon revitalizes and detoxifies the facial skin from inside and keeps it clear, glowing, and young.
Lemon Water Benefits: Hair
1. Treats dandruff: Most dandruff shampoos includes lemons in their ingredient list. Do you know why? All because of the antioxidants present in lemons. Having this drink regularly in the morning moisturizes your scalp and keeps dandruff from your hair at bay.
2. Encourages hair growth: Lemon water works as an awesome natural hair stimulator. It keeps your hair follicles healthy and thereby promotes hair growth.
3. Prevents oily hair: Lemon water is a natural remedy for preventing hair from getting oily or greasy. It reduces the secretion of oils in the scalp and prevents clogging of hair follicles.
Lemon Water Benefits: Health
1. Helps in digestion: Taking lemon water in the morning promotes good stomach health. The acid present in lemon juice helps in proper digestion of food and also provides relief in cases of heartburn, bloating, and intestinal gas.
2. Balances pH levels: Although being a citrus fruit, lemons are enriched with vital minerals good for balancing pH levels in your body. Regular drinking of lemon water reduces acidity and alkalizes the body restoring the pH levels.
3. Improves energy levels: Replacing a glass of warm lemon water with your daily coffee boosts the energy levels in the body. Lemons have negatively charged ions which increases energy levels in the body. And that too without the caffeine crash or hangover!
4. A perfect immunity booster: Vitamin C is important for the proper functioning of our immune system. Lemon water is imbued with this vitamin and having this drink as the first thing in the morning increases the body’s immunity.
5. Lessens inflammation: Inflammation is generally caused when there is uric acid build up in the body. Lukewarm lemon detoxifies the body by removing these harmful acids from the body and thus reducing inflammation.
6. Stimulates brain: Lemons are naturally infused with good amount of potassium which serves as an amazing food for the brain. This mineral stimulates our nervous system by providing adequate oxygen to it. Consuming lemon water in the morning saturates our body with this mineral and lets our brain work at its best.
7. Cures breathing problems: Having a glass of lemon water in the morning is an ideal remedy to cure any kind of respiratory problems like asthma.
8. Heals throat infections: Guzzling warm lemon water regularly while suffering from any throat infection is a recommended remedy. This magical drink is imbibed with vitamin C which boosts immunity and kills the bacteria causing throat infections like sore throat, tonsillitis,etc.
9. Fights bad breath: Sipping warm lemon water early in the morning helps in fighting the awful morning breath. The antioxidants and antibacterial agents present in lemons kills the bacteria causing bad breath in the mouth.
10. Purifies urinary tract: Lemons have incredible powers of purifying the urinary tract of toxins. Taking lemon water increases the urination rate in the body and thereby helps in releasing the toxins out of the body much faster.
11. Reduces possibility of kidney stones: Drinking lemon water immediately after getting up helps in lowering the risk of the formation of kidney stones. The accumulation of uric acid in the body lead to the formation of kidney stones.
The citric acid present in this magic potion helps in flushing out the deposits of uric acid from the body.
So, give your body a perfect kick-start with this magic potion!
Best Drinks for Losing Weight
Natural Drinks and Foods for Liver Detoxification
Benefits of Coconut Oil: A Healthy Way of Living
Fruits and Veggies for the Summer
20 Foods to Prevent Anaemia Naturally
Go Easy On Your Tummy With These Summer Salads
Banana Health benefits and Exciting Recipes
The Humble Fruit Jamun and its Summer-friendly Goodness
8 Medicinal Plants in India You Can Use to Benefit your Health