With the recovery of the idol of Shri Chandra Prabhu Bhagwan, the Alwar - Jain Temple, Tijara was established in the year 1956. The ancient Jain Temple in Tijara is dedicated to the eight Jain Tirthankaras, that is, the Jain religious teachers.
The Jain Temple in Tijara is rectangular in shape and is adorned with marvelous pillars and arches. The temple is vast and the tower that surges high up is bound to draw attention. The elaborately decorated temple hall can accommodate 200 people at a time. The interiors of the temple are aesthetically decorated with paintings, glass work and carvings. There are three elevated surfaces in the Jain Temple, Tijara and that is where the stone idols are placed. The idol of Sri Chandra Prabhu Bhagwan is made of white stone and is 15 inches in height. There are two other idols of Bhagwan Parshvanath and Bhagwan Mahaveer in the Jain Temple of Tijara.
The Alwar - Jain Temple, Tijara is open to all and is therefore visited by tourists and pilgrims alike. The temple is open from 6 am in the morning to 10pm in the night. The Jain Temple, Tijara is visited all round the year but the festive days of Falguni Vadi Saptami and Shravan Shukla Dasami attracts a huge number of people.
Last Updated on 19 December 2011