The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing of Dehradun is a premier educational and research institute, developing and training skilled professionals in the field of Remote Sensing, Geo-informatics and GPS Technology for Natural Resources and Disaster Management.
The principal area in which the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing of Dehradun functions is capacity building through the transfer of technology among a vast and well-integrated user community. Besides this, the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing of Dehradun also offers education at the post graduation level in the application of Remote Sensing and Geo-informatics for Natural Resource Management.
Some of the courses offered by the institute are
M.Sc (2 years) in
Certificate Courses (4 months) in
- Basic Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- GIS in Geo-sciences
- Land Information System
- GIS in Soils and Land use Planning
- GIS in Water Resources Management
- GIS in Coastal Zone Management
- GIS in Forest Management
- Geo-Hazards with 3 optional streams: Hydro-meteorological, Geological, Environmental
Diploma Courses (10 months) in:
- Agriculture and Soils
- Forestry and Ecology
- Marine Sciences
- Human Settlement Analysis
- Water Resources
- Digital Photogrammetry
- Post Graduate Diploma in Geo-informatics
- PG Diploma in "Geo-Hazards" 3 Optional streams: Hydro-meteorological, Geological, Environmental
The Indian Institute of Remote Sensing of Dehradun has gained for itself an excellent reputation as one of the foremost educational and research institutes offering knowledge-based applications in the field of Remote Sensing and Geo-informatics.
Last Updated on 14 March 2013