- Located in the north east facet of the Maidan.
- Although it is open to visitors from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, the most suitable time to pay a visit is from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm and in the evening from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
- Admission is free.
- A special pass is to to retrieved from the Deputy Commissioner of Police, from the branch located at Lal Bazar, to gain access to this tower.
- Closest railway station is Howrah.
- Photography is sternly restricted.
- Closest airport is Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport.
If you are a person with raging adrenaline then you can take on the daunting feat to capture the acme of the Shahid Minar in Kolkata. You will have to climb a total of 218 steps to reach the summit of Shaheed Minar. But once you get there, the panoramic view of the city of joy is sure to leave you awe-stricken.
People with heart-trouble are advised not to climb the tower.
Last Updated on : 01 August 2011