Mumbai police has been sincerely and very sincerely working for Mumbai over years without fear.It is committed to maintaining public order, detection and prevention of criminal activity, promoting harmony in the community and strongly combating all terrorist and anti-social activities.
Mumbai police are engaged in the protection of everybody including the women, poor section, senior citizens and others. Above all the Mumbai police is always engaged to make Mumbai a safer and better place.
Duties of Mumbai police
- Detecting criminal activity and preventing them as well as maintain criminal records.
- Maintaining public law and order during festive time, election and natural calamities.
- To control drug, smuggling and other kinds of underworld activities.
- Efficient management of traffic to ensure safety on roads.
- To look after the registration of foreigners.
- To enquire about the missing people.
- It sometimes arranges blood donation camps in Mumbai.
Wings of the Mumbai police
- Commissioner of Police (CP)
- Joint Commissioner of Police (Jt CP)
- Additional Commissioner of Police (Addl CP)
- Selection Grade Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP)
- Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP)
- Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP)
- Inspector of Police (IP)
- Assistant Police Inspector (API)
- Police Sub-Inspector (SI)
- Assistant Police Sub-Inspector (ASI)
- Head Constable (HC)
- Police Naik (PN)
- Police Constable (PC)
Helpline Numbers of Mumbai police
Police Control Room |
Alert Citizen |
Central Region Control Room
West Region Control Room
East Region Control Room |
South Region Control Room
North Region Control Room |
Last Updated on 16 March 2011