Araku Valley near Hyderabad is an amazing valley, coated with lush green forests and always reverberating with the musical notes of waterfalls. The pleasant climate of Araku Valley makes it a dreamland.
The Araku Valley, is located at a height of 1,300 meters above sea level and around 112 kilometer away from Visakhapatnam. On your way you can see the Borra caves (90 kilometers), known for their stalactites and stalagmites.
The Araku Valley is the home of around 19 tribes. The tribal women are found in colorful attires. They perform the Dimsa and Mayur dances especially during 'Itika Pongal' - the popular hunting festival in April.
While on a trip to Araku Valley, remember to see:
- Anantagiri Ghats with thick forests, orchards, clean air and peaceful surroundings
- The Sangda water falls- one of the most spectacular in India.
- Matsyagundam, an interesting pool on the Machkund river near the village of Matham.
- Small Siva temple on the bank of the river.
- Paderu located at a distance of about 74 kilometers from Visakhapatnam. It is a wonderful valley at a height of over 900 meters above sea level.
Last Updated on 15 July 2013