Acting and modeling are two fields that are related to name, fame and money. Attracted by the glamour and glitz of this field, lakhs of young people try their luck and spend their time to get entry into this coveted field. Once they have achieved an acclaimed position, they can expect to see their names in the international circuits of acting field. However, only a few succeed as most of them do not have access to proper information about how to approach this career.
Acting is a job where a person acts like the character they are playing. Actor and actresses work in theatres, films, television programs and any other story telling medium. They portray the character by enacting; speaking or singing in movie, play or other forms they are working in.
Modeling is the career that is in great demand as models are the professionals who help promote the products of any business by posing for them. Models are one of the most sought after people in the advertising industry.
Although there are lakhs of people who want to enter the other part of this glossy business, they are not aware of the eligibility, qualifications and other criterion required becoming an actor or model. The fact is, in India, many acting and modeling schools have mushroomed in different cities of India. Aspirants can now choose to pursue a certain kind of acting and modeling course according to their choice. There can be courses from 6 months to 3 years. Regarding eligibility, there is no specific criterion and you can enter the field at any age as there is requirement of people of all ages.
Current Scenario of Acting and Modeling courses in India
With growing media channels and other related fields, increasing number of opportunities are available to these aspirants. Even if entering Bollywood is the ultimate dream of any actor India, they can kick start their career by working in various new and old TV channels, TV serials, game shows and other programs.
There is no dearth of jobs for those interested in modeling and acting. Models can find jobs in product advertising, music videos, live shows, ramp modeling, showroom displays, and acting in theatre, TV shows, Films, telefilms and many more. Opportunities are limitless. Modeling options can be categorized as television modeling, print modeling, advertising modeling and ramp modeling.
One of the most attractive aspects of this business is the amount of remuneration. Remunerations in this field are on the higher side as compared to other creative fields. Depending upon the show, organizers, producers, banners etc, and these professionals can expect to earn at least in five figures for show. For instance, established models can earn anything from Rs 20,000 to Rs. 50,000 per show and even low budget shows can pay around 5 k to 10 k to their models.
When it comes to Indian film industry, only sky is the limit. More establish and veteran actors and actresses these days earn remuneration for one film or one endorsement in terms of crores of rupees. Beginners also can expect earn well and can grow with passing time. However, this field requires lots of hard work, good media and business connection and not to mention, the talent.
Top Acting and Modeling Institutes in India
Last Updated on : 16/11/2013
- 1. FTII, Pune -Film and Television Institute of India or FTII is located in Pune. The Institute offers 2 year PG Diploma in Acting.
- 2. National School of Drama (NSD),Delhi -3 year course up to PG diploma in Dramatic Arts.
- 3. The Barry John Acting studio, Mumbai -Diploma and Certificate courses in acting.
- 4. Subhash Ghai's, Whistling Woods International, Mumbai -2 year course in acting.
- 5. Roshan Taneja Acting Studio, Mumbai -6 months course in acting.
- 6. Anupan Kher's, Actor Prepares, Mumbai, Ahmadabad and Chandigarh. -full time and part time course in acting.
- 7. AAFT (Asian Academy of Film and Television), Noida -3 months and 1 year programs in acting.
- 8. CRAFT(Center for Research in Art of Film and Television ), Delhi -course in acting
- 9. Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute, Mumbai -3 months course in acting
- 10. Delhi Film Institute, Delhi -2 months acting course in acting.
- 11. ZIMA (Zee academy of media arts) Mumbai -3 month course in acting
- 12. R. K. Films & Media Academy,Delhi -4 months acting course