Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) which was established as University of Cochin in the year 1971 was rechristened to its present name in the year 1986.
Senate, Syndicate, Boards of Studies and Academic Council in various faculties are the main authorities of the Kochi University of Science and Technology. Moreover, University Grants Commission (UGC) has recognized this university as a center of excellence in lasers and optoelectronic sciences. Recently, the Human resource Development Ministry of the Indian Government has proposed to bring CUSAT to the same level as that of IIT.
There are nine main faculties at University of Science and Technology at Kochi in which its academics can be classified into. The nine divisions are as follows:
- Marine Sciences
- Medical Sciences and Technology
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- Computer Laboratory with upgraded machines and software so as to facilitate advanced learning.
- Well stocked Library with subscription to 280 journals, 560 theses, 80CD-ROMs and 70000 books from all across the world.
- Accommodation facilities for both male and female students at its hostels.
- Currently, the placement cell operates only for B.Tech students and promotes information on employment opportunities as well as higher education.
- Providing educational loans to the needy on competitive and liberal terms from scheduled or nationalized banks.
|Universities in India|
Last Updated on : January 14, 2014