H.N.B. Garhwal University of Uttarakhand was established as Garhwal University in 1973. It was later on renamed as Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University in the year 1989 in respect of one of the most famous leaders of the state by the same name.
H.N.B. Garhwal University of Uttarakhand has got the B+ + certification from National Assessment and Accreditation Council of India. The H.N.B. Garhwal University at Uttarakhand has three owned campuses in Srinagar, Pauri and Tehri.
H.N.B. Garhwal University in Uttarakhand offers various courses under various streams. The major streams in which you can select courses of your type are the Arts, Agriculture, Ayurveda and Indian, Commerce, Dental Science, Social Work, Education, Engineering and Technology, Law, Management, Medical Science, Non Formal Education and Science.
Apart form the advanced research course, H.N.B. Garhwal University of Uttarakhand offers the following facilities to its students to facilitate their studies :
- Central Library : The library offers over 145000 books and 2500 journals to their students. It also offers digital library facilities. It works from 8am to 8pm on all working days while on holidays except national holidays, it operates from 10am to 5pm.
- Computer Center : With help from University Grants Commission, the H.N.B. Garhwal University of Uttarakhand has set up the computer laboratory so as to offer them training through all the latest advanced technologies.
- University Science Instrumentation Center : To offer knowledge and training through advanced scientific technologies.
- Career Counseling and Placement Cell : To help students in taking up right subjects and get them the right job at the right place.
- Infonet : To help students in generating more knowledge through the usage of Internet facilities.
|Universities in India|
Last Updated on : January 14, 2014