The University of Kolkata has a museum named Asutosh Museum of Indian Art for the post graduate students of Ancient Indian History and Culture and this museum is one of the most glorious university museums in India.
There is a Central Library of the university at the Centenary Building of Asutosh Siksha Prangan and other departmental libraries are also there for the respective departments.
Some eminent alumnis of this university are CV Raman, Jagadish Chandra Bose, Meghnad Saha, Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Suniti Kumar Chatterjee, Nihar Ranjan Roy.
Bankim Chandra Chatterjee, Swami Vivekananda, Subhas Chandra Bose and Amartya Sen are the other very famous personalities who completed their graduation under Kolkata University. The great Indian poet Rabindranath Tagore was a visiting professor to the University of Kolkata.
Post Graduate subjects under University of Kolkata :
- Arts - Ancient Indian History and Culture, Archaeology, Bengali Language and Literature, Economics, English Language and Literature, Hindi, History, Islamic History and Culture, Museology, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, South and South East Asian Studies and Linguistics
- Commerce, Social Welfare and Business Management
- Education, Journalism and Library Science, Mass Communication
- Engineering and Technology - Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technology, Computer Science and Engineering, Polymer Science and Technology, Radio Physics and Electronics
- Fine Arts, Music and Home Science
- Science - Anthropology, Applied Mathematics, Applied Psychology, Atmospheric Science, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Physics, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Botany, Chemistry, Electronic Science, Genetics, Geology, Geography, Marine Science, Physics, Physiology, Psychology, Pure Mathematics, Statistics, Zoology
|Universities in India|
Last Updated on : January 14, 2014