The year 1961 marked the declaration of the Salarjung Museum of Hyderabad to be an 'Institute of National Importance' imposed by an act passed by the Parliament.
- The Salarjung Museum in Hyderabad houses over 43000 paintings, 9000 holographs and 47000 books that are all printed.
- The section dealing with Indian Art comprises of sculptures of stone, bronze idols, cuttings of jade, painted textiles, wood carvings, small paintings, modern art , carvings of ivory, textiles, metal utensils, holographs, arms and various other war attires meant for protection.
- The next section at the Salarjung Museum of Hyderabad deals with art concerned with the Middle Eastern Region whose prominent possessions include the amalgamation of prized carpets, paper (holographs), lacquer, sorted furniture, etc,that descended from countries like Egypt and Persia.
- Far Eastern Art section displays porcelain, lacquer utensils, exquisite items connected with embroidery and a wide array of inlay products originating from places like Thailand and Japan. Different paintings form an integral appendage of the European aggregation of antiques.
- Prominent Attractions:- Veiled Rebecca, ammunitions used by Aurangzeb, Noor Jahan, Shah Jahan, Mestophiles, The Lady With The Lamp and others.
- The Clock Room displays a breath-taking collection of about 300 antique clocks which consists of a musical clock that was manufactured by Cook and Levy from England.
Location of Salar Jung Museum, Hyderabad, Telangana
Salar Jung Museum - Entry Fee, Timing, Address, Official Website
|Address||Salar Jung Road, Naya Pul, Darulshifa, Hyderabad, Telangna - 500002|
|Entry Fee:||Entry fee for Indians : 10 Rs. |
Entry fee for Foreigners : 150 Rs.
Entry fee for Students : 5 Rs. (given 50% concession)
Entry fee for Children : 5 Rs. (given 50% concession)
|Timing:||Visiting Hours - 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Days When Closed||Friday|
|Phone No (Official)||+91-40-24576443 / + 91-40-24523211|
|Photography allowed or not||Allowed|
|Camera Fee :||50 Rs.|
|Nearest railway station||Hyderabad Decan Railway Station|
Last Updated on : 1/08/2013