Palace on Wheels
It is one of the few luxury trains in India which was refurbished and relaunched to promote tourism in India in 2009. This train is no less than a palace where tourists will experience the touch of the bygone era in every bit. Luxurious cabins, well-stocked bar, exquisite wallpapers, gracious hospitality and local culture which are displayed by artistic use of paintings and handicrafts give a regal impression.
For international travelers - US$3500 + 4.5% Service tax
For Indian travelers - INR 2,10,000 + 4.5% Service tax
Timing: It runs from September till the end of April.
Route: Delhi - Jaipur - Sawai Madhopur - Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Bharatpur - Agra - Delhi.
Attractions covered by the train:
- Delhi- India Gate, Lotus Temple, Qutab Minar, Humayun's Tomb
- Jaipur- Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, Rajasthali, City Palace, Jantar Mantar
- Sawai Madhopur & Chittorgarh- Ranthambore National Park, Chittorgarh Fort
- Udaipur- Jag Niwas, Lake Pichhola
- Jaisalmer- Yellow Sandstone Fort, ancient mansions
- Jodhpur- Mehrangarh Fort, grand palaces, shopping tour in Jodhpur
- Bharatpur- Keoladeo Ghana National Park
- Agra- Fatehpur-Sikri, the Taj Mahal
Tourists who want to travel across India like true kings should avail the facilities of this train. The top quality of hospitality, lavish suites, fully stocked bars, butler services are all the reasons why one should not miss a chance to travel across territories through this train.
Gems of India & Treasures of India - INR 2,57,950 (approx) each for 4 days journeys
Indian Splendour & The Indian Panorama - INR 4,00,660 (approx) each for 8 days journey
Heritage of India - INR 4,58,280 approx for 8 days journey
Timing: Runs from October till April.
- The Heritage of India (Mumbai - Ajanta - Udaipur - Jodhpur - Bikaner - Jaipur - Ranthambore - Agra - Delhi).
- Gems of India (Delhi - Agra - Ranthambore - Jaipur - Delhi).
- The Indian Panorama (Delhi - Jaipur - Ranthambore - Fatehpur - Sikri - Agra - Gwalior - Orchha - Khajuraho - Varanasi - Lucknow - Delhi).
- Indian Splendour (Delhi - Agra - Ranthambore - Jaipur - Bikaner - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Balasinor - Mumbai).
- Treasures of India (Delhi - Agra - Ranthambore - Jaipur - Delhi).
Royal Rajasthan on Wheels
Taking a ride on this train will introduce one to the lifestyle of the India's royal families. What distinguishes it from rest of the special trains in India are the levels of unabashed, contemporary extravagance and luxury. The train has 14 luxury cabins modeled on erstwhile royal palaces, multi-cuisine restaurants and bars and spa services on board.
For international travelers - US$9,450 + 4.5% Service tax
For Indian travelers - INR 5,67,000 + 4.5% Service tax
Timing: Runs from September until the end of April.
Route: Delhi - Jodhpur - Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Sawai Madhopur - Jaipur - Khajuraho - Varanasi - Agra - Delhi.
Attractions covered by the train:
- Jodhpur- Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada
- Udaipur- Forts, palaces, and hotels of Udaipur
- Chittorgarh- Vijay Stambha, Gaumukh Reservoir, Rana Kumbha Palace
- Sawai Madhopur- Ranthambhore Palace and Ranthambore National Park, Amareshwar Mahadeo Temple
- Jaipur- City Palace, Hawa Mahal
- Khajuraho- Khajuraho Temples and
- Varanasi- Ganga Ghats, Sarnath
- Agra- Taj Mahal
The Golden Chariot
This special train for tourists in India not only gives them the chance to avail the royal life on wheels, but also witness the mesmerizing historical heritage sites, wildlife sanctuaries, and golden beaches. The amenities that can be availed in this train include AC chambers with royal interiors, bars, restaurants serving multi-variety cuisines, mini gym, ayurveda spa and other 5-star facilities.
- For Pride of the South:
- For international travelers - US$8,260 + 4.5% Service tax
- For Indian travelers - INR 3,08,000 + 4.5% Service tax
- For Southern Splendour:
- For international travelers - US$9,130 + 4.5% Service tax
- For Indian travelers - INR 3,50,000 + 4.5% Service tax
- Pride of the South (Bangalore - Kabini - Mysore - Hassan - Hampi - Badami - Goa - Bangalore).
- Southern Splendour (Bangalore - Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry - Thanjavur - Madurai - Thiruvananthapuram - Alleppey - Kochi - Bangalore).
The Deccan Odyssey
The Deccan Odyssey is one the luxury trains in India that offers true royal experience to the travellers. The palace-like interiors of the cabins, multi-cuisine restaurants, lounges, a conference car, an onboard spa and other state-of-the-art amenities can be the irresistible reasons why tickets for this train should be booked.
- For international travelers - US$5,810 + 4.5% Service tax
- For Indian travelers - INR 3,71,900 + 4.5% Service tax
Route: Mumbai and visits Sindhudurg (Tarkarli Beach), Goa, Kolhapur, Ajanta and Ellora Caves, and Nasik.
Last Updated on : December 26, 2016