The VIIth Nizam of Hyderabad
, Nawwab Mir Osman Ali Khan, founded Osmania University, Hyderabad in 1917.
It is the seventh oldest university in India and is a multi-faculty and multidisciplinary university, which has significantly contributed to the academic development of the country. Osmania University has shown remarkable progress and sustained an integrated development of all its faculties.
With a sprawling campus of nearly 1600 acres, Osmania University is home to nearly 3,00,000 students pursuing their higher studies in its Campus, Constituent, affiliated Colleges and District Centres. Its has nearly 5000 staff numbers and faculty. In the year 2001, Osmania University was awarded the Five Star status by the National Accreditation and Assessment Council (NAAC) of the
University Grants Commission.
Osmania University offers offering rich and varied courses in the fields of Humanities, Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Law, Engineering, Medicine, Technology, Commerce, Business Management, Information Technology and Oriental Languages.
The Engineering Colleges affiliated with Osmania University are:
Last Updated on : January 14, 2014
- Osmania University College of Engineering (OUCE)
- Osmania University College of Technology (OUCT)
- Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology
- Vasavi College of Engineering
- Mufakhkham Jah College Of Engineering and Technology
- M.V.S.R College of Engineering
- Deccan College of Engineering