Preity Zinta Biography
Preity Zinta is one of the most successful, pretty and talented actress of Indian cinema. She was born on January 31, 1975, in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh . She lost her father Durganand Zinta, an Indian Army officer, at an early age of thirteen in a car accident. Her mother Nilprabha Zinta was also severely injured in this accident. She earned a degree in criminal psychology from St. Bedes College.
Preity Zinta has won the heart of millions with her dimpled smile. She started her film career with modelling in ad film of Lyril soap. Her debut film in Bollywood was Dil Se in 1998, for which she got the Filmfare Sensational Debut Award.
Some of her most successful movies are Kya Kehna, Soldier, Mission Kashmir, Veer-Zaara, Koi… Mil Gaya, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Salaam Namaste, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, and Dil Chahta Hai.
This talented actor is also aware of her social duties. To help the victims of the tsunami, she raised money by performing at he HELP! Telethon Concert. She donated Rs 25 lakhs won by her at the game show Kaun Banega Crorepati to the Shimla District Red Cross Society in Himachel Pradesh.
Preity Zinta has won a number of awards:
- Filmfare Best Debut Award for Dil Se & Soldier(1999)
- Filmfare Best Actress Award for Kal Ho Naa Ho(2004)
- International Indian Film Academy Awards(iifa) Best Actress Award for Kal Ho Naa Ho(2004)
- Zee Cine Award Superstar of the Year- Female for Kal Ho Naa Ho(2004)
- Stardust Star of the Year Award – Female for Kal Ho Naa Ho (2004)
- Star Screen Award Jodi No. 1 along with Shahrukh Khan for Veer Zaara (2005)
- Stardust Star of the Year Award – Female for Veer Zaara(2005)
IIFA Idea Glamorous Star Award(2006)Preity Zinta is the brand ambassador for Bravery Awards sponsored by Godfrey Philips. She is also the monthly columnist with BBC South Asia.