Ritesh Deshmukh was born on 17th December 1978 to an important political figure late Vilas Rao Deshmukh. He has a grand lineage of some known and famous figure of India. Riteish’s down-to-earth nature has always made him dear to his fans.
Ritesh Deshmukh completed his Architectural Degree from Kamla Raheja Vidyanidhi Institute for Architecture and Environmental Studies and then practised his profession with an overseas architectural firm for a year. He has an ownership in Evolutions, which is an India-based architectural and interior designing firm. Riteish also pursued his graduation from the famous theatre school, The Lee Strasberg Theatre School in New York.
Ritesh Deshmukh dated Genelia D’Souza, Indian film actress for almost eight years and despite their religious differences, they got married with Marathi traditions on 3rd February 2012, followed by a low publicized church wedding.
He debuted in the film “Tujhe Meri Kasam” in the year 2003 which was not a very noticeable film, though his later film “Masti” in 2004 had been a box office hit and since then he never looked back and was eventually successful in climbing up the ladder of fame in a very short span of time.
Ritesh is considered among some of the best comedians at present in the Hindi film industry and is quite capable of playing comic roles with great ease. He has been a favourite to comedian lovers. With his efficiency and capability he has been among the very few comedians to bag in more than one award for his brilliant performances in the comic roles. Ritesh Deshmukh has always been a treat to the comedian lovers with his natural flow in his roles as a comedian and his exact sense of time and for the comical dialogue delivery.
Ritesh Deshmukh has been a proud recipient of the following Awards:
- 2011 – IIFA Awards for Best Performance in a Comic Role in ‘Housefull’
- 2008 – Zee Cine Awards for Entertainer of the Year
- 2006 – Petal Award for Best Supporting Actor Award in ‘Kyaa Kool Hai Hum’
- 2006 – Zee Cine Awards for Best Comedian in ‘Bluffmaster!’
- 2006 – IFA Awards for Best Comedian in ‘Bluffmaster!’
- 2005 – Star Screen Awards for Best Comedian in ‘Masti’
- 2005 – Zee Cine Awards for Best Comedian in ‘Masti’
- 2005 – IIFA Awards for Best Comedian in ‘Masti’
- 2004 – Star Screen Awards for Most Promising Newcomer – Male in ‘Tujhe Meri Kasam’
- 2004 – Zee Cine Awards for Best Male Debut in ‘Tujhe Meri Kasam’ and ‘Out of Control’
Ritesh Deshmukh’s Filmography till date
- 2012 – Tere Naal Love Ho Gaya
- 2012 – Housefull 2
- 2012 – Kyaa Super Kool Hai Hum
- 2011 – F.A.L.T.U
- 2011 – Double Dhamaal
- 2010 – Rann
- 2010 – Jaane Kahan Se Aayi Hai
- 2010 – Housefull
- 2009 – Do Knot Disturb
- 2009 – Aladin
- 2008 – De Taali
- 2008 – Chamku
- 2007 – Cash
- 2007 – Heyy Babyy
- 2007 – Dhamaal
- 2006 – Apna Sapna Money Money
- 2006 – Darna Zaroori Hai
- 2006 – Malamaal Weekly
- 2006 – Fight Club – Members Only
- 2005 – Kyaa Kool Hai Hum
- 2005 – Mr Ya Miss
- 2005 – Bluffmaster!
- 2004 – Masti
- 2004 – Naach
- 2003 – Tujhe Meri Kasam
- 2003 – Out of Control