Yogeshwar Dutt Biography
Yogeshwar Dutt is one of the leading Indian wrestlers. Yogeshwar Dutt won the Gold Medal in the 2003 Commonwealth Championship. Hailing from Sonipat, Haryana, Yogeshwar Dutt was born 11th December, 1982.
He was interested in Wrestling from a very young age and soon made his presence felt by doing well in the National Championships in 1998. He has also won the Bronze Medal in the 60 Kilogram segment at the 15th Asian Games.
Dutt started practicing wrestling from the age of 8 years. He was always inspired by Balraj Pehlwan who belonged to his native village. Coach Raplh trained him and helped him reach where he is today.
Yogeshwar Dutt’s Recent Recognitions
- Dutt won the Gold Medal in Common Wealth Games 2003.
- Participated in the Men’s Freestyle 55kg and ranked 18th at the Athens Olympics in 2004
- Won bronze medal in the 60 kilogram category at the 15th Asian Games at Doha in 2006.
- Won gold at Asian Championships in 2008 and ranked at 60kg freestyle event in the 9th in 2008 Summer Olympics.
- Won bronze medal in the 2012 London Olympics.
- He defeated Canada’s Jevon Balfour 10-0 in the finals and came up with a gold medal in the men’s 65 kg freestyle vategory in the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- After defeating Zalimkhan Yusuprov of Tajikistan, Dutt bagged a gold medal in the 65kg freestyle wrestling category.
Other Major Events
- Ranked 5th in 2006 World Championship: 60.0kg. Freestyle.
- Ranked 16th 2007 World Championship: 60.0kg. Freestyle.
- Ranked 5th in 2005 Asian Championship: 60.0kg. Freestyle.
- Ranked 8th in 2007 Asian Championship: 60.0kg. Freestyle.
Awards and Rewards
- He received Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in the year 2012 by Government of India.
- For earning the bronze medal in the 2012 London Olympic, he received ₹10 million (US$150,000) cash reward from the Haryana Government, ₹5 million (US$74,000) from Rajasthan government, 4×4 vehicle from a PSU bank. Haryana government is planning to allocate him a land in Gurgaon of worth ₹250 million (US$3.7 million).
|Yogeshwar Dutt Quick Facts and Information|
|Native name||योगेश्वर दत्त|
|Nickname(s)||Yogi, Pahalwan Ji|
|Hometown||Bhainswal Kalan, Sonipat district, Haryana|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|Awards||Arjuna Award in 2012, Padma Shri in 2013,|