Raunaq Singh Biography
Raunaq Singh, the founder Chairman of the Apollo group, was born in the year 1922.
He was one of the first entrepreneurs who came to the forefront after India’s independence.
He led Indian business to great heights.
He has been a great supporter of economic liberalization. Raunaq Singh founded and established the Raunaq group.
He was the founder of Apollo Tyres.
The companies under the Raunaq Group are Apollo Tyres Ltd, Bharat Gears Ltd, Bharat Steel Tubes Ltd, Raunaq International Ltd, Menarini Raunaq Pharma Ltd and Raunaq Automotive Components Ltd.
Raunaq’s early life saw a lot of hardship and struggle.
He has held several important positions in various industry and trade associations. Some of the positions he has held include:
- President of the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- President of Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India
- Member of the Executive Board of the International Chamber of Commerce, Paris
- President The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
- Chairman, Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC)
- Chairman, Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Association
- President,Federation of Indian Export Organization.
Raunaq Singh received worldwide appreciation and won many awards for his entrepreneurial skill. Raunaq Singh left this world on September 30, 2002.