Jackie Shroff Biography
Jackie Shroff or our famous Jaggu dada was born in Mumbai on 1st February, 1958. Soon completing his studies, Jackie Shroff started his film career in Bollywood as a leading hero.
He was introduced by Dev Anand in the film Swami Dada in 1982. A year later, Subhash Ghai gave him a break in his film Hero, which turned him into a star overnight.
This hero of 80s was often paired with Anil Kapoor. Films like Karma (1986), Ram Lakhan (1989) and Parinda (1989) stormed the box-office. He starred with almost all the beautiful women of yesteryears and today, starting from Dimple Kapadia to Madhuri Dixit to Celina Jaitley in 134 movies.
Some of the famous roles done by Jackie Shroff were that of the freedom fighter “Shubhankar” in 1942: A Love Story (1994), “Raj Kamal” a famous actor in Rangeela (1995), “Ram Sinha” a cop in Khalnayak (1993) and “Chunnilal” in the film Devdas (2002).
He bagged 3 Filmfare awards:
- Filmfare Best Actor Award, Parinda(1990)
- Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award, 1942: A Love Story (1995)
- Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award, Rangeela (1996)
- In 2003 Nominations in Filmfare Award as Best Actor in a Supporting Role for playing Chunilal in Devdas (2002)
- In 2002 nominated in Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for his parental role in Yaadein (2001)
- In 2001 he was nominated in the category of Filmfare Award Best Villain/Villainess for: Mission Kashmir (2000)
Married to longtime girlfriend Ayesha Dutt with two children Tiger and Krishna, Jackie started his own company, named after himself, Jackie Shroff Entertainment Limited (JSEL) which produced ‘Grahan’, directed by friend, Shashilal Nair, in 2001.