Narsingh Pancham Yadav Biography
Biography of Narsingh Yadav
Narsingh Pancham Yadav is 27-year-old was born on 6 August, 1989. He is an Indian wrestler and made himself popular at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, where he bagged a gold medal in the men’s freestyle 74 kg category. His parents are Pancham Yadav and Bhulna Devi. The family hails from eastern Uttar Pradesh. Narsingh lived in Mumbai with his father and brother, where his father distributed milk, while his mother lived in the Neema village of Varanasi district, where she took care of farming in their two bigha land. Narsingh and his brother, both became wrestlers. He has been training since last 13 years and is a resident of Mumbai’s suburban Jogeshwari. He is currently working as a DSP with Maharashtra Government.
Narsingh Pancham Yadav’s Recent Recognitions
- Won a gold medal in freestyle 74 kg in 2010 Asian Championships. He also won a gold in the 2010 Commonwealth Games. The 2010 Commonwealth Games was held in Delhi and Yadav was an eleventh hour replacement who competed in the men’s freestyle 74 kg category. In the gold medal bout, he defeated Richard Brian Addinall of South Africa
- He earned a silver medal in the 2011 Commonwealth Championship in Melbourne, Australia after finishing in the second spot. He lost the final bout against Cleopas Ncube, who was representing Canada
- 2012 London Olympics did not prove to be very good for Narsingh Yadav as he lost the opening bout in the 74 kg freestyle event against Matt Gentry from Canada, which was followed by his knocking out of the tournament
- He brought a bronze medal home with a 3:1 win against Daisuke Shimada of Japan in the 2014 Asian Games. To honour the bronze medal he had earned, he along with Seema Punia were awarded with Rs 50 lakh of cash prize by the state government of Uttar Pradesh
- At the 2015 Asian Wrestling Championships, he was included in the 74 kg category in the absence of Sushil Kumar, who is a double-Olympic medalist. He lost in the qualification round 9-12 against Japan’s Daisuke Shimada. However, he qualified the repechage round and then headed to the final. He finally bagged a bronze medal in 3–1 classification
- Yadav participated in the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics
Pro Wrestling League
Narsingh Pancham Yadav will be a part of The Pro Wrestling League, which is going to start from 10 December until 27 December 2016. The Bangalore franchise, owned by JSW Sport bought Narsingh for the inaugural edition of the Pro Wrestling League.
Awards and Felicitations
Narsingh Pancham Yadav was invited when Pele came to India to attend the finals of Subroto Cup. Over the special dinner hosted by the event’s organisers, he was felicitated for his dedication and contribution to Indian wrestling.
He ranked 12th in the Dave Schultz Memorial Tournament, 2012
|Narsingh Yadav Quick Facts and Information|
|Full Name||Narsingh Pancham Yadav|
|Age (As on 2016)||27|