Shikhar Dhawan Biography
Shikhar Dhawan is an Indian cricketer. He plays as a left-handed opening batsman and occasional bowls as a right-arm off-break bowler. He also plays for the Sunrisers Hyderabad team in the Indian Premier League. Shikhar Dhawan was born on 5th December 1985 in Delhi. He is married to Esha Mukherjee who has two daughters from her earlier marriage.
- In 2004, Shikhar Dhawan played for India in the U-19 Cricket World Cup. He was the lead run scorer and made a total of 505 runs from 7 innings which is a record for a single U-19 World Cup.
- In 2004-05, he made his Ranji debut for Delhi and became the team’s leading run-getter scoring 461 runs.
- In October 2010, He made his ODI debut against Australia in Visakhapatnam.
- In June 2011, He made his T-20 International debut against West Indies tour at Queen’s Park Oval. In the 1st ODI of the tour he scored his maiden ODI fifty.
- On March 14, 2013, he made his Test debut against Australia. On the third day of the test series, he scored the fastest century on a Test debut and broke the record of the highest score by an Indian debutant which was held by Gundappa Viswanath. Shikhar Dhawan scored 185 not out from 168 balls.
- In the Indian Premier League, Shikhar Dhawan has played for Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians, Deccan Chargers and Sunrisers Hyderabad.