Dr. Kumar Vishwash Biography
Dr. Kumar Vishwas is a professor, poet and political leader. He has been significant in unifying Indian youngsters to fight against corruption. He is famous as a close aide to Arvind Kejriwal, the party leader of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP).
In the Lok Sabha election 2014, Vishwas, as a candidate of the AAP, had contested from the parliamentary constituency of Amethi against the Vice-President of the Congress party Rahul Gandhi and the BJP candidate Smriti Irani. However, he lost the battle of votes to Rahul Gandhi.
Dr. Kumar Vishwas was born on 10 February in a Brahmin family in Pilkhuwa, Uttar Pradesh. Smt. Rama Sharma, his mother is a housewife and Dr. Chandra Pal Sharma, his father, served as a Lecturer in the R.S.S. Degree College, Pilkhuwa, Ghaziabad. He has a sister and three brothers.
He obtained his school education from the Lala Ganga Sahay School, Pilkhuwa. He did his intermediate from Rajputana Regiment Inter College, Pilkhuwa. He completed his Masters and PhD in Hindi literature.
Kumar Vishwas is one of the members of the executive of the AAP. During the Assembly elections of 2013 as well as in the anti-corruption movement, he performed the role of a strategist. He managed the cyber wing for promotions and carried more than 120 yatras.
Kumar Vishwas started his career in 1994 as a professor of Hindi literature at the Lala Lajpat Rai College, Rajasthan.
As Social Activist
Frequently seen on stage voicing against corruption in the country, Kumar Vishwas is a social activist. He actively participated in the India Against Corruption movement led by Anna Hazare. The movement aimed at the implementation of Lokpal Bill. He also got arrested on 16 August 2011 for his involvement in the movement.
A poet of the new age, Dr. Kumar Vishwas attempts to revive the dying breed of Hindi literature among young generation. His unique style of reciting Hindi poetry, most of which has a humorous touch, has influenced millions around the world.
He has the largest number of followers on social networking sites as compared with other Hindi poets. Moreover, on YouTube his videos have crossed 40 million views.
- Solo concerts by Kumar Vishwas: ‘Koi Deewana Kehta Hai’ and ‘Hotho Par Ganga Ho, Hatho me Tiranga Ho’
- Stage performance at kavi sammelan at IIT Roorkee, BITS Pilani, Jamia Millia Islamia New Delhi, NIT Patna, MNNIT Allahabad, IIM Lucknow, NIT Trichy, NIT Jalandhar and LNCT Bhopal.
- International platform: Kumar Vishwas has participated in poetry recitations abroad including Dubai, USA, Japan and Singapore.
- Koi Deewana Kehta Hai
- Ek Pagli Ladki Ke Bin
- Kul-Geet (University Anthem) of the Chaudhary Charan Singh University
- 1994: Kavya award by Dr. Kunwar Baichain Kavya Samman Avam Puruskaar Samiti
- 2004: Dr. Suman Alankarna by Sahitya Bharti, Unnao
- 2006: Sahitya Shree by Hindi-Punjabi Award Academy
- 2010: Dr. Urmilesh “Geet Shree” Samman by Dr. Urmilesh Jan Chetna Samiti, Badaun
An FIR was registered against Kumar Vishwas by Sanjay Gehlot for using derogatory remarks against the Valmikis, hurting the religious sentiments of a community on 16 November.
A sting operation was carried out by a media portal ahead of December Assembly elections of Delhi that claimed that the Aam Aadmi Party’s leaders, including Kumar Vishwas, had raised illegal cash donations. However, the AAP accused the portal of slandering the leaders of the party. Also, the party filed a lawsuit against CEO of the media portal mediasarkar.com.