Arunachal Pradesh is the land of tribal groups like Nishi, Mishmi,Mompa, Khamti, etc. The land has not yet tasted the effects of complete urbanization. Though it is a land blessed with varied resources, economy of Arunachal Pradesh has still not attained self-sufficiency. Economy in Arunachal Pradesh depends on the following:
- Agriculture in Arunachal Pradesh: In Arunachal Pradesh, 1.10 lakh hectares is under Jhum Cultivation and 0.90 hectares is under permanent cultivation. There are Government Farms in Arunachal Pradesh promoting proper agricultural practices and various institutions like Gramesevak Training Center or Farmers Training Center to guide the farmers. Wheat, millet, rice, pulses, potatoes and sugarcane are the main crops of the state.
- Horticulture in Arunachal Pradesh: The climate and topography of Arunachal Pradesh is conducive to horticultural products like ginger, spices, bamboo, cardamom and mushroom, aromatic and medicinal plants.
- Industries in Arunachal Pradesh: There are 5 District Industrial Centers and 8 Sub-District Industrial Centers in Arunachal Pradesh. There are a number of saw mills, plywood factories, petro-chemical industries, hydro-electric projects, cement factories in Arunachal Pradesh. The minerals found here are coal, dolomite, lead, zinc, graphite and marble.
- Forestry in Arunachal Pradesh: About 61,000 sq km of Arunachal Pradesh is covered with thick forests. The types of forests found here are:
- Tropical Forests
- Sub-Tropical Evergreen Forests
- Temperate Forests
- Pine Forests
- Bamboo Forests
- Livestock in Arunachal Pradesh: The livestocks are the sources of milk, meat, manure, egg and transportation in rural areas; thus contributing to the family as well as state's economy. In recent years, pisciculture has also become an important source of employment and income in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Tourism in Arunachal Pradesh: The adventurous sports and scenic beauty of the land draws thousands of tourists every year, ushering tourism industry a prolific growth and stabilizing the economy of Arunachal Pradesh.
Last Updated on 09 March 2013