The education system in India is fast developing and educational institutes and various government departments conduct different types of exams in India to select the ideal candidates.
Given below is a list of the various exams in India which includes competitive exams as well:
The main education board CBSE (Central Board for Secondary Education) conducts the AISSCE (All India Senior School Certificate examination). CISCE (Council for the Indian School certificate examinations) conducts the ISC (Indian school certificate examination). In addition various state boards- Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Maharashtra- conduct their own higher secondary examinations.
Entrance exam is a must for every university and college. They are conducted by several institutions and on that basis they select students who pass the entrance exam. The exams are based on various syllabuses and are mostly conducted for the higher level of education. Various entrance examinations in India are listed below.
- Engineering Entrance Examinations in India
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Common Aptitude test (CAT)
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
- Medical Entrance Exams
Numerous competitive exams in India are conducted for entrance into undergraduate and post graduate professional courses as well as for securing services in the government. The test formats and subjects vary according to the level of the test. Most are objective tests, followed by a personality test, and are conducted in various venues at centers across the country. Competitive exams are tough, with lakhs of aspirants appearing for a limited number of seats. Various competitive exams are listed below.
- UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
- SSC (Staff Selection Commission)
- Defence Competitive Exams
- Railway Competitive Exams
- Bank Competitive exams
Other exams include various international exams which are required to take admissions in various foreign universities. It can be a graduate or post-graduate exam. Various international exams are mentioned below.
Last Updated on : 12/19/2013
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Graduate Mangement Admission test (GMAT)
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)