Track Your Constituency
Type
States
Constituency
States
Constituency
 
     

Ropar Parliamentary Constituency Map and Election Results



conn failed

Ropar Parliamentary Constituency (Lok Sabha) Election Results





The town of Ropar in Rupnagar district in the state of Punjab, presently known as Rupnagar, was established by Raja Rokeshar and named after his son, Rup Sen.

Ropar (SC) Parliamentary Constituency has a population of 48,165 (2001 census). Males comprise 53% of the total population while females constitute the rest of 47%.

Buta Singh, former Union Home Minister under Rajiv Gandhi’s Government, won 2 times (1971 and 1980) from Ropar (SC) Parliamentary Constituency.

List of Winning MP and Runner up from 1967 to till date from Ropar Lok Sabha Constituency



YearState NamePC CodePC NamePC TypeWinnerSexPartyTotal VoteRunner UpSEXPARTYTotal Vote
1967Punjab10Ropar(SC)B. SinghMINC127986B. SinghMADS123914
1971Punjab10Ropar(SC)Buta SinghMINC168243Ajaib Singh SandhuMSAD126993
1977Punjab7Ropar(SC)Basant SinghMSAD276418Buta SinghMINC193846
1980Punjab8Ropar(SC)Buta SinghMINC(I)271689Basant SinghMSAD228671
1985Punjab7Ropar(SC)Charanjit SinghMSAD336503Raja SinghMINC262098
1996Punjab7Ropar(SC)Basant SinghMSAD327958Shamsher SinghMINC256867
1998Punjab7Ropar(SC)Satwinder KaurFSAD378487Man SinghMBSP292983
1999Punjab7Ropar(SC)Shamsher SinghMINC326651Satwinder KaurMSAD249270
2004Punjab7Ropar(SC)Sukhdev Singh LibraMSAD347631Shamsher Singh DulloMINC313994


  Parliamentary Constituencies in Punjab  
PC No.PC NamePC No.PC Name
1Gurdaspur8Fatehgarh Sahib
2Amritsar9Faridkot
3Khadoor Sahib10Ferozpur
4Jalandhar11Bathinda
5Hoshiarpur12Sangrur
6Anandpur Sahib13Patiala
7Ludhiana 

  Parliamentary Constituencies of India  




Last Updated on :



This is the 4th General Election which the MapsofIndia Chronicling. Visit Mapsofindia.com/parliamentaryconstituencies/ for live updates, latest election news and election schedule for 2019 General (Lok Sabha) Elections. For more election news, you can like our Facebook page or follow our Twitter page, where you can get latest updates from each of the 543 PC (parliamentary constituencies) for 2019 General Elections. Election results, live election results, election results state wise for 2019 Lok Sabha elections in India will be announced on 23 May 2019.
     


     

Which States Share Boundary with China?India, in total, shares land borders with 6 sovereign countries. China is one of those. Below are the Indian states which share borders with the country. 1. Jammu and Kashmir This northern state of India is mostly located in the Himalayan mountains. It shares a… Read More...
Which States Share Boundaries with Pakistan? There are four states that share a border with Pakistan, namely, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Gujarat. The India Pakistan Border is quite intriguing. Since India has installed 1,50,000 flood lights on… Read More...
Which Places in India Still Largely Speak Sanskrit?Sanskrit is considered as Dev Bhasha, the language of Gods. It has a history of around 3500 years. It used to be a primary language of ancient India. Its earliest form Vedic Sanskrit, was prevalent from 1500 500 BCE. However, it is fading… Read More...


EU GDPR Update:
MapsofIndia has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofIndia Privacy Policy and Terms.
We follow editorialcalls.org for border and boundary demarcations